Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WIP (Work In Progress) Wednesday

I'm continuing to work through my stash of leftover worsted weight yarn.  I've still got most of a big Rubbermaid tote full, but I'm having fun playing with colours and learning a few new stitches.

This week, it's the Chicken Foot stitch, from Robyn Chachula's Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia, mentioned two posts back.  I'm crocheting it in horizontal rows (of course)...

...but ultimately I think I'll end up creating a blanket with vertical stripes.  I know it's all simply a matter of perspective, but I think it looks cuter this way.  Originally, I was working it up in random stripes, but I decided that there were just too many colours for the randomness to work.  Regularly repeating rows add a little balance to the chorus of colours.  (...or at least I think they do.  What do you think?)
This blanket is a great project to work on while watching TV.  I think Monday night is going to end up being my couch&crochet night, because the TV lineup on the one channel we get is actually really good: "The Voice" and "SMASH" are both light and lovely shows to watch while winding down.

Ooh, yes!  Yesterday I made and tackled a huge to-do list, so I finally mailed off my monogrammed creation for the Initial Heart Swap.  Fingers crossed that the package makes it to its destination by Valentine's Day!  I'm looking forward to sharing that yarn-free craft with blogland once it gets to its recipient.

I'm sharing this post at tamisamis' WIP Wednesdays and Musings From The Fishbowl.

12 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for visiting my little blog. Like this chicken foot stitch. I should also make a blanket of leftover stash, but new yarn always seem so appealing haha.

    The pattern of the flowers isn't mine, you can find it here:

    http://rosehip.typepad.com/rose_hip_blog/2008/11/index.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing the pattern! I've been looking for something just like that!

      Delete
  2. I like the stripey blanket. Great idea for finishing off those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hook is slowly gobbling up the scraps! It's very satisfying.

      Delete
  3. Love the stripey blanket! I want to make one, but haven't had a chance to start! So much knitting, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Especially in the winter, all I want is a little more time to play with yarn.

      Delete
  4. I'm a sucker for stripes! I love having a project I can work on while I watch tv, it is so relaxing and productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Andria. ....and how many activities are relaxing AND productive?

      Delete
  5. I'm very much into regular repeats - it is visually soothing I think. The first couple of episodes of the Voice have been great, haven't they? I'm really enjoying the competitive banter back and forth between Adam and Blake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very high energy show. I love the variety of personality and talent of the celebs on the show. I'll be watching and crocheting again next week. :)

      Delete
  6. I love those colours! Really quite lovely. I'm adding you to the Wipster list right now!

    It's Shellyfish from over at Musings From The Fishbowl - I've been trying to leave a normal comment using openid for about 15 mins, but it's not working! The Internet must not be fully awake yet today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sticking with it, Shellyfish. I'm not sure what's up with my blog comments, but it doesn't always work. :) Glad to be part of your Wipster list.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...